Friday, July 8, 2011

Welcoming Ailing Nicolle

Here I am yet again adding one more kid to the group. I really thought 2 was best and then came Sunandita. And then came Kulsum, but that was for my friend. And now I have the 5th one. And I think I will stick with these 5 for some time to come. Now lets shift the focus to my beautiful Nicolle. I was browsing thru the CI pages and just looking at the kids. I was in a bad mood, but when I saw this photo I found myself stragely smiling. I clicked on her page and it took less than 10 seconds for me to hit the sponsor button. At that time I did not see the whole details. I just saw she was Honduras (A new place to add) and she lived with her mother. Of course I am guilty of selecting a kid just from her photo, but it did give me a sense of satisfaction :) A look at the sweet smile and you will know why...
So this is Ailing Nicolle. I have not heard of the first name Ailing before... Of course I didn't even think about the name when I clicked on the sponsor button :). She is from Honduras and from the San Pedro Sula project. I had seen that name a few times in the message boards now... She is 8 yrs old. She is 4 ft tall and weighs at about 50 pounds. I am never good at judging what is the right height and weight for a kid. The good thing is that she is still attending school. Her favorite pastimes are playing soccer, playing hide and seek and playing with toys and cars. She seems to be one energetic girl with a wide range of interests. She likes to dance, draw and paint and no so coincidently , her favorite subject is art...
Very similar to Yulissa, her monthly income is better than my other kids at 289$. Of course it is a different country and it might most definitely be less. But she is the best of the lot from the kids I sponsor. She has one brother Erik, aged 4 and she lives with her mother. Her father has apparently abandoned the family (that is what the report says). Her living conditions also are a touch better than my other kids. There are two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen. The walls and the floors are concrete and the roof is of corrugated metal. The cook out of a gas stove. The report says they have beds but it does not say on how many. I am hoping she is sleeping her own bed. They have running water in home. The electricity is regulated and they have a septic tank in place. I suppose it is a good thing... I am hoping I can make an impact on one more kid's life by doing what I can.

Peace

~ChEeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment