Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A sweet welcome letter from Yulissa

After a long wait I got the welcome letter and also a CP letter from Yulissa. Actaully, they kinda both have the same coontent as partly it is my mistake. I sent a mail from the CI website. I was just testing it and hence didn't write anything much. But I am totally taken by her welcome letter. Did I tell you she is the most adorable of my kids? Of course Nicolle can give her some competition :). Being my first selected kid, she will always be special to me. So here is the sweetest welcome letter that she sent me :)
The translation -
Hello sponsor,

I am in 3rd grade of elementary school. I like reading, drawing and doing math exercises. and I participate in the Church's choir. I like water animals (especially dolphins - from CP letter). I lke studying very much. When I grow up I would like to become a chef. My favorite color is pink. I would like to learn more about other planets. I am tall; I have brown eyes and I am white. I have brown hair. I like pretending I am a clown and making my cousins and siblings laugh. I have 2 grandfathers and 2 grandmothers. The weather is very hot here but it is nice. There is a park near one of my grandmother's home and sometimes we go play there for a while.

Now I say goodbye; I will write yoou again soon.

Yulissa

Thank you for everything.


I totally loved the letter. One thing is for sure. Her handwriting is definitely better than mine :). In the CP letter it was pretty much the same thing. And she had mentioned that her dad was sick but he was getting better. There were two things in both the letters that really captivated me. One is her drawing and the other is her varied range of interests. She likes to draw and make things with clay and also she likes to play the beautician... On both the letters her drawing was so cute. Take a look for yourself :)
This was in the CW letter. She had drawn a picture of an astronaut. I really liked it because in the same letter she had mentioned that she wanted to be an astronaut and also how interested she was in knowing more about the planets.
This was in her CP letter. A simple yet colorful and happy drawing. The moment I saw this, I couldn't help but smile. This brought so much happiness to me... I also felt that her letter was very open. She told me about herself and her interests. This gives me very less questions to ask, but a great deal of topics to discuss. And oh, one more interest which the young lady has (not mentioned in the letter) is soccer. And I love soccer :)

The welcome letter and CP letter for Yulissa was actually delayed. I know how much I had the bugged the CI representatives asking about the status. Of course they were more than helpful to track it for me. Let me tell you this. It was worth all the wait for the happiness it brought. I am so glad I found CI and also that I found 5 kids who could give me so much inner peace.
~ChEeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment