Friday, July 29, 2011

A happy day!

Just wanted to share a simple yet joyful incident that happened a coupla days back. I joined CI because of one of the volunteers near my office told me about it. I was pretty skeptical about it and yet I thought I will give this organisation a shot. And I have not looked back since. It has been an amazing 4 months so far and I am looking forward to only the good things. Surprisingly, I found the same guy near my office after 4 months. He greeted me as another potential CI sponsor and chat with me. I immediately told him I know him. He thought hard for a few seconds and asked sorry that he couldn't remember me. I understand that he meets so many people in a day that it will be tough for him to remember whom he signed. I informed him that I am already with CI and it was due to him I was able to sponsor. I thanked him and he suddenly stopped me and said he remembered me. I thought he was just being courteous and nice and he in fact showed me the spot where he signed me for CI. He had been out to different places and was back again for CI only that week. I was amazed. It is just a small thing. But then it felt very good. Of course I can remember him coz I don't see too many such people. But the fact that he remembers whom he signed for CI 4 months back was a feel good factor. I mean, he knows his work. He remembers the faces, and it is such dedicated people too (apart from the kids), which make me happy to be a part of the CI program. Just wanted to share it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment