Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sad News!

A bad day for me. It ends even before it really started. Today to my dismay, I found out that Sunandita whom I have been sponsoring for less than 3 months had to quit the program. She had to quit because of change in location. If you move out of the sponsorship area, CI won't be able to provide benefits anymore. This would mean opting out of the sponsorship program. CI selected her for me after I gave very specific requirements. I wanted to sponsor an elder child who was going to school. She was 17 and the eldest among my other kids. I very recently sent a SNG for her and also got a reply. Definitely it should have been too recent. I know this has happened to others and have read about it. It is not new or unexpected. It does happen at times. Still, only four months into my sponsorship experience and even lesser with this kid, it kinda makes you feel sad when you think about it. I sponsored her so that she can go ahead and finish her studies. Kinda feel bad that it didn't happen. CI has of course suggested a replacement. She is also a 17yr old. It is my choice to take or not. Still, I am thinking, coz, for one, she doesn't seem to be going to school. Two, I am also thinking about a group sponsorship with my best friends. Three, I might just wanna hold back so that I can sponsor another kid whom I select just out of impulse. 4 months into sponsorship and I have already been tempted 6 times. Keeping my fingers crossed. Where ever Sunandita is, I hope she is happy and gets what she wants. And I am hoping this will be the last time a kid goes out of sponsorship before 19 in my group.
~ChEeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment