Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcoming Yulissa!

Yulissa. What can I say? After selecting Suman, I was browsing online thru the CI website where I found this cutest kid on the planet, Yulissa. I didn't think about anything else. I just clicked on "Sponsor Me" button without thinking twice. Seeing her face brings peace to me easily. See her photo for yourself and you will know why...

Well, after sponsoring her, I was going thru the details. She has the same b'day as one of my very good friends. September 18th :). She is from Mexico. She is 8 years old and already at 4'2". (Fast growing). As any typical girl she loves playing with dolls and toys (guess she would also be a barbie fan). Her hobby interests me though doesn't surprise. She is interested in sports and that kinda explains her growth. Her favorite subject is mathematics (Another female scientist on the way). She speaks Spanish. I am just starting to learn Spanish by the way. She lives with her parents. Her dad is a carpenter. She has a handsome brother Calep who is also sponsored, I am told. He is 7 years old. Their income was $267last year but it is now $233 and they have 3 bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom. They are living better than the other kids I am sponsoring. But I don't know much about Mexico.Their house has Concrete floors, concrete walls and brick roof. Hope it protects them well.She has her own bed. They have running water in home and they have electricity. They also have a toilet at home. I am not surprised by the current condition of the family. This is mainly because her brother is sponsored and she has had two sponsors before. But I am sure it would have been very difficult for them to give up on such a beautiful kid. I am hoping to stick to them till the program ends. She will always be a li'l special to me as she is my first chosen kid. Suman will be equally special as he is my 'THE' first kid with CI. Bless CI.
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment