Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcoming Suman!

This is my first trial with children International in making a difference in a child's life. I am happy that I found that amazing volunteer who explained to me about this beautiful organisation. When I signed up, the only choice I made was the country. I wanted to sponsor a kid in India (India is where I am from). And a week later I got the information that I will be sponsoring this wonderful boy SUMAN from Kolkatta. He has the most amazing smile in this planet. Kinda reminds me of a photo when I was a kid. :)

He is 6 yrs old and attends school. his favorite subject is writing, (another blogger on the way folks) and his favorite past time is playing cricket. He is interested in drawing and he is a Bengali. Did I tell you that I started my education in Kolkatta? But I didn't learn any Bengali. He lives with his parents. His dad is a driver. He has one beautiful sister Soma (I am told she is also sponsored, thank the heavens). Their home is of brick walls, concrete floor and tile roof. They have two multi-use rooms. They have a gas stove to cook and the child sleeps on one of the two beds. They also have electricity. The sad part is they use community faucets for water and a community latrine. The whole family income is just $66. I hope I can make a difference in their life for the better. If I can touch one kid at a time, I am sure a change can be made. Suman's photo reminds me of myself. I sure would want him to grow better in life and make us all proud.
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment