Monday, June 13, 2011

About Children International

Well I had been writing about my sponsored kids one after the other. But the immediate question that would come to everyone's mind is "From where is he gettin all the wonderful kids to sponsor" and so I thought I should write about Children International.
If you already knew about it, then great. If not, let me help you. Children International is a charity organisation that helps kids in almost 11 different countries of varying ages. It is from their site "www.children.org" that I added 2 of my four kids. It always feels good to be good right? And on top of it, imagine some kid in some part of the world thinks about you in his/her prayers for your good deed... That is what I call inner peace as Bo would say it...
It is very easy to sponsor a kid with this site. It just takes $22 to sponsor a wonderful kid. And if you are in US, it is a little lesser than what you would spend on coupla days of good lunch. You can search for kids in terms of age, area or gender or look up one of their many campaigns. And for the not so tech savy person, you can always call them up in their toll free number 1-800-888-3089 in the US. If you are wondering what this 22$ a month would fetch them, you would be amazed. With the sponsorship, they will be able to help in health, education, nutrition, family needs, community needs (if possible) and so on. They also have various projects from time to time to help the 335,000 odd kids they support. You get an updated picture every year. You can mail them or send packages to the local office set up in the country and they will send it to them. To your happiness and proof, you get photos on what they did with your gift. It is like you can see the child grow and the impact you have one their life from halfway around the world. The child also writes to you (if the child can or a representative does) at least once a quarter. This way you can start a new bond with the kid. For a long relationship, I would suggest you choose a young kid. All kids are in the program until they are 19 (unless they move out of the coverage area of CI or get better that they don't need the sponsor). At the same time I would also say that the older kids need more help for their immediate education needs and if you are a sucker for education like I am, then you can call them up and they will assign an older kid to you. The older ones are not listed on the site for a reason. So... There you have it. I would really urge all my friends and also who ever chances across this blog to go have a look at this site and see for yourself what they can do. Though I have been sponsoring only from the end of April, I have spoken to a coupla sponsors who have sponsored for years and I know for sure they are legit and they really help the kids.

Lets join hands to make this world a better place for the kids for they deserve it. We can help one child at a time. Imagine if everybody joins hands to help one child at a time, the world will soon be a better place. Though it is a little painful for them, they also support group sponsorship. I would encourage you have a look at their site or call them and give them a chance to help the kids. In case you have any doubts about the organisation, you can get the info from their website. Or always, feel free to ask me and I will sure get the answer for you.
God Bless you...
Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment