Friday, March 1, 2013

Kulsum's set of letters - Backlog and latest from 2013!

As is the case for Suman, I am still trying to catch up with the Indian letters. There are 3 letters from Kulsum that I am yet to catch up with... So without further a do - 
The first one was around Apr 2012 - 
"Dear Mani
Hello My family and I are fine here. I hope you are also well. Thank you for your love and care. I study in grade 7 and like to read English. My first unit test is over. I hope to get a good result. I wish to study and become a teacher. It is now summer season here and very hot. Sending you lot of love and awaiting your reply.
Yours loving child
Kulsum"
The second letter was around October I guess. I had already visited her by then and was back from my vacation. Here it is- 
"Dear Mani
Hello! I am fine here and hope you are also fine. Thank you for your love and care. I study in grade 7 and like to read. My 4th unit test is over and it went very well. My final exam will be held soon and I am now busy preparing well for it. I wish to study and become a doctor. My favorite subject is English. It is also rainy season here. I like having bath in the rain. I miss you a lot. With love.
Yours loving child
Kulsum"
And finally I am catching up with 2013... I got a letter from Kulsum last week :)
Just a reminder that I started sponsoring her for my friend and we had so much in common that I told my friend to sponsor another child :)
Did I ever tell you that she has an amazing handwriting? It is a shame that I can't read Urdu. Even in her drawing, she has written something in Urdu, which is not translated.
The third letter - 
"Dear Mani,
Hello! We are all fine here and hope you are all also well. I was very happy to get your card and stickers and liked it very much. My final exam is over and it went very well. I hope to pass to grade 8 with good marks. It is now winter season here and it is very cold. My family and I send you our love and regards and best wishes for Christmas and new year!
Yours loving child,
Kulsum"
She had also drawn a house and written something. But I have no clue what it means. If any of you out there knows, what it means, help me :) The drawing - 


~Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment