Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kanika's IGP request

Kanika is the eldest kid I sponsor and she is in her last year of sponsorship. I had requested about an IGP sometime back and I got the reply. I know I am updating it late... I have already sent the amount requested for IGP. I am waiting on the reports. I thought I did update my blog at least before I get a report... :)
Long story short, the details are as follows...
Dad is a fruit seller and mom is a daily laborer and does embroidery work on clothing items. So they need the following...
Cost of sewing cum Embroidery machine - $184
Cost of Embroidery thread, scissors and other sewing accessories - $20
Cost of a van-Rickshaw - $184
Total - $388


Also Kanika is doing her grade 8 now (I wonder why only now. I might need an educational report)... And they had given the expenses for Grade 9 and 10... The kid wants to finish her schooling at least till 10th for sure (which is a good sign), but not sure after that (which is not so good a sign). I understand that they might be thinking about marriage and stuffs. But for now, she wants to do at least till 10th and I wanna make sure she gets the chance to do it. The educational costs are as follows -
For grade 9 - $88
For grade 10 - $174


So the total comes to about $650. And only while writing the blog did I notice the amount correctly. I always thought it was $600 and asked CI to deduct $600. I can be an idiot at times and mess with numbers. I live on a month to month basis. I sure will be adding the extra $50 by next month. With the disbelief still hanging on how I messed up with such an ordinary thing, I hope it helps them for now...


~ChEeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment