Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finally, Welcome letter from Kulsum

My friend might almost kill me for this late update. It has been more than a week since I got the letter. Though it was after quite a delay, as I always say, it is worth it.
I finally got the welcome letter from Kulsum. It really looked like ages and I guess it indeed was. While her letter was super sweet and definitely her hobbies and likes match with mine, the translation and the whole letter gives a look of hurried work. It might just be the translator's cursive handwriting or the delay which might make me think that. So without further-a-do -
Dear Mr ####
Hello! I am fine here and hope you are also fine. I welcome you to the sponsorship program and I am very happy to have you as my sponsor. I study in grade 6 and love to read
(I really think I get the studious bunch and I like it too). My first and 2nd unit tests are over and I have done well in them. I am now busy preparing for the 3rd unit test. (I love when kids use the word busy. It really shows how serious they are!) It is now the end of summer season here and soon it will be rainy season. I like to get wet in the rain. (Hey I love it too!) I love to eat mangoes (Every single friend of mine knows how crazy I am about mangoes!)
My family and I send you our love and regards and I hope to hear from you.
Your loving child
Kulsum

As I said, the translator's handwriting might have made it look it was hurried but her handwriting was as clear as pearls. It is shame though I can't understand Urdu. I will soon upload the pic with her handwriting. I really enjoyed reading this letter. One for the obvious reason that it was from kid and it was sweet. The second reason I love these letters from Indian kids is that the translator's handwriting. It feels so good to see some handwritten stuffs. Working in front of the computers for years now, I can't remember when I last used a pen seriously apart from signing for my bills :) Even though she is sponsored for my friend, I already feel like a bond forming as she has similar likes as mine :) Hoping to see more letters soon.
ChEeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment